Amazing Facts about India
Today, I am gonna give some stunning information about top 15 Incredible Facts about India that you might have heard before. “India is the mother of history, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother of ritual. We bring most precious and most informative content for all of you guys to know something about the history of India only.” There are some of mind-blowing facts that you must know-
1. India has the biggest postal network on the planet with over 1, 55,015 post offices, was inaugurated in August 2011. It is a sole post office on a normal serves a population of 7,175 people. The floating post office is located in Dal Lake, Srinagar.
2. The Kumbh Mela of 2011 was the biggest gatherings of individuals with over 75 million devotees. The gathering was so massive that the crowd was noticeable from space.
3. The Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the uppermost on the earth, situated at a height of 2,444 meters, was built in 1893 and is a part of the Chail Military School.
4. India won all 5 men’s Kabaddi World Cups held till now and have been unbeatable all over these tournaments. In addition, The Indian women’s team has also won all Kabaddi World Cups held till now.
5. Now, the City Montessori School in Lucknow is the world’s largest school in terms of students as it has over 45 thousand students in India.
6. India’s ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper recognized water on the moon for the first time in September 2009,
7. India passed the European Union with production reaching over 132.4m tones in 2014 in recent times.
8. In 2006, the father of India’s missile programmer had visited Switzerland. Upon his coming, Switzerland declared May 26th as Science Day.
9. Dr Rajendra Prasad only took 50% of his salary when he was appointed the President of India and claiming he did not need more than that. Towards the end of his 12-year tenure, the salary of the President was Rs 10,000 back then as he only took 25% of his salary.
10. However, India is a country of manifold regional and local languages but in terms of English speaking countries in the world, India is second only to the USA when it comes to speaking English with around 125 million people can speak the English language, which is only 10% of our population and it ranks number 2.
11. Takshila is believed to be the first university in the world, started around 700 BC.
12. The world’s largest family includes a man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren, India.
13. Around 20-40% of Indians are vegetarians that make it the largest vegetarian-friendly nation on the globe.
14. Firstly, diamonds found in the alluvial deposits in Guntur and Krishna District of the Krishna River Delta. Until diamonds were found in Brazil during the 18th century, India led diamond production on the planet.
15. India was the first nation to develop extraction and purifying techniques of sugar and several visitors from abroad learnt the refining and cultivation of sugar from us.
Thanks for Reading top 15 incredible facts about India and you may also like to read- Top 10 Tourist Places in Uttarakhand